Automated Train Control System (ATCS)
|Frequencies||936.9875 MHz,896.8875 MHz|
|Frequency Range||896.8875 MHz - 936.9875 MHz|
|Short Description||Automated Train Control System (ATCS), specifically ATCS Spec. 200, is a standardized communication system for railroads designed to ensure safety by monitoring locations of trains and locomotives, providing analysis and reporting, and automation of track warrants and similar orders.|
|I/Q Raw Recording||Download file|
ATCS Specification 200 is a standardized communication system for railroads designed to ensure safety by monitoring locations of trains and locomotives, providing analysis and reporting, and automation of track warrants and similar orders.
- STRUCTURE: ISO 7 Layer, Synchronous HDLC-LAPB
- MAX BIT RATE: 4800 bpsBits per second (bps)
- FREQ BAND: UHFUltra High Frequency (300-3000 MHz), 900 MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz duplex
- MODULATION: FSKFrequency-Shift Keying Baseband/Direct FMFrequency Modulation
- RADIO MFGR(s): Safetran, Harris, others.
- COMMS RANGE: LOS
- COMMS BETWEEN: base site, wayside, vehicle,
|CH #||Mobile Control Point (MCP) [MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz]||Base Control Point (BCP) [MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz]||Rail Company|
|3||896.9875||935.9875||Shared ATCS Network|
- Hobby Level Software
- ATCS Monitor, ATCS Monitor Group Membership required for ATCS Monitor files, the user will be sent a questionnaire via groups.io nominated email address.
ATCS Monitor Example
Sample Packet data...
Wayside Device - RFRadio Frequency: 5125013826 (N Wapakoneta)
CO Datagram (1) Inbound to Ground Network (35)
Frame=34 GFI=2 Group=5 SSeq=77 Rseq=45 Beacon=0 Vital=0 UsrData=6
To Dispatch: 2125385538